Skip To Main Content

Substitute Information

New Substitute Teacher Rates!



Which Substitute License should you apply for?

  • Substitute: If you have 60 or more college credits or an Associate’s degree or higher, you will apply for a standard substitute license
  • Emergency Substitute: If you have a High School diploma and less than 60 college credits, you will apply for the Emergency Substitute License. The Emergency Substitute license is valid for 1 year.

To apply for your Substitute license, you will need to create an account with the Nevada Department of Education’s online licensure portal OPAL. Here is a link to OPAL

Call Shannon Nelson at 775-463-6800 ext 10026 with any questions.