Safety and Security Facility Upgrades in LCSD
5 months ago
Pictures coming soon!
Summer 2018 Projects
Cottonwood and Yerington Elementary School Kitchen Upgrades
- Resulted in an increase of kitchen space and more effective serving lines.
Fernley High School Football Field Fence and Dirt Work
- Repaired fence on the east side of the football field.
Fernley Bus Yard Parking Lot and Drive Repairs
- Regraded and widened road to help reduce wear and tear of District bus fleet.
- Expanded parking area to provide more room for buses to maneuver.
Fernley Elementary School Modular Installation
- Replaced outdated modular with a modular for Pre-K students.
- Expanded FES capacity for students in other grades.
Dayton High School Special Services Room Improvements
- Removed existing kitchen appliances and counters to be in compliance with ADA.
- Students will be better able to access kitchen area for life skills.
- Similar project will be completed at Fernley High School next summer.
Dayton High School Locker Room
- Sink/counter repair in girls’ locker room.
Smith Valley Schools
- Water tank air gap and overflow replacement.
Professional Learning Center
- Replacement of back steps in preparation for wood decking replacement.
Sprinkler and Other Water Line Repairs
- Silver Stage Middle School athletic field major sprinkler repair.
- Dayton High School water main and sprinkler repair.
Summer Student Workers
- Weed Removal and Landscaping Renovations
- Fire Lane Painting
- Parking Lot Striping
- Interior School Painting
- Concrete Trip Hazard Grinding
Board Workshop September 10, 2016
- Board met to discuss the best use of $6.4 million bond.
- Focused on safety and security improvement opportunities.
- Board makes decision to install Audio Enhancement SAFE System in Every Classroom throughout the District.
Board Meeting December 6, 2016
- Board authorizes the District to request a Statement of Qualifications for an Architect to provide recommendations for safety and security upgrades throughout the District.
Board Meeting January 24, 2017
- Board selects Berger Hannafin Architecture, LLP to design safety and security upgrades throughout the District.
- Board authorizes the District to request a Statement of Qualifications for a Construction Manager at Risk to oversee safety and security construction.
Board Meeting February 28, 2017
- Board selects CORE Construction to serve as the Construction Manager at Risk to oversee the safety and security upgrades.
Board Workshop March 18, 2017
- Board discusses concerns with growth and the need to increase capacity at several locations throughout the District.
- Board requests that the District, Architect and Construction Manager at Risk work to identify safety and security capital projects with the greatest benefit to the District.
- Board authorizes the purchase of four modular buildings (eight total classrooms) to be placed at Fernley High School (two), Cottonwood Elementary School (one) and Sutro Elementary School (one).
- Board approves all elementary schools to receive either Modified or Full Single Points of Entry, including secure perimeter fencing.
- Board approves intermediate and middle schools to receive secure perimeters.
- Projects to be completed over Christmas break 2017 and the summer of 2018.
- Board authorizes the use of Bond Funding for upgrades to information technology infrastructure throughout the District.
- Board discusses possible solutions to Fernley area capacity, including, but not limited to:
- Expansion of core space at Fernley High School
- Having 7th, 8th and 9th grades at Silverland Middle School
- Reviewing how the District provide Pre-K services
- Building an elementary school next to Silverland Middle School and restructuring which grades attend elementary schools in the Fernley area.
- Board approves Phase 1 Modified Single Points of Entry projects for $524,000.00.
- CORE Construction completes Modified Single Points of Entry at:
- Sutro Elementary School
- Riverview Elementary School
- Silver Stage Elementary School
- Silver Stage Middle School
- East Valley Elementary School
- Board approves Phase 2 Modified and Full Single Points of Entry projects for $1,570,000.00
- Board discusses Fernley High School Gymnasium expansion and East Valley Elementary School addition as possible solutions to address Fernley area capacity issues.
- Board authorizes the District to contract for the completion of a feasibility study regarding the facility needs of the Fernley Attendance Area.
- Board authorizes the District to separate the Fernley Elementary School parking lot from the Hardie Lane Project.
- Modified and Full Single Points of Entry and Secured Perimeter projects completed at:
- Smith Valley Schools
- Yerington Elementary School
- Yerington Intermediate School
- Dayton Elementary School
- Dayton Intermediate School
- Cottonwood Elementary School
- Fernley Elementary School
- Fernley Intermediate School
- Completion of Fernley Elementary School Parking Lot, including lighting and safer drop off location.
- MGT of America prepares initial feasibility information for Board review and input.
Thank you, everyone, for participating in AdvancEd survey!
about 1 year ago
We would like to take this chance to thank everyone for participating in the AdvancEd survey! Below is a summary of the survey results. These results were very useful in writing our District Performance Plan which can be found at the following links:
In addition, each individual site is also using the responses to write their school performance plans.
Thank you for your input!